Stamping Decals on my Uberchic Mat

Happy Sunday Nail Girls.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Today I am blogging about one of my newest purchases but definitely a favourite.

Last week the lovely Sarah of She Sells Seashells announced she had stocked the new Uberchic Mat (plates are coming soon) so I knew I had to get one as I was wary of ordering direct as I know a lot of UK girls have had custom charges and for £11 it was a no brainer!

So this mat is silicon and perfect for making decals, testing polishes, comparing colours, swatches and I'm sure lots of other things, Its also safe to use acetone on so easy to clean up but the dried polish just peels right off.

So here's what I did -

1st I used my Leighton Denny one for all to paint in the nails on the mat, you can see in the picture where I have polished, This is the top of the decal and means it will peel right off.


While they were drying - they need to be completely dry, I got my other bits out. For this I used Fab Ur Nails FUN14 plate and my Messy Mansion Stamping Head both from Rainbow Connection, the Stamper was a cheapy from Ebay and then I used Moyou London Stamping polish in Black Knight and a little credit card scraper.


When the base was dry I stamped my image over each nail - remember to clean your stamper between each stamp I use a lint roller and to clean your plate each time I use acetone. With the messy mansion stamper you just need to lightly press down on the plate to pick up the image and it is perfect everytime. Any polish on the mat cleans right off.


I then picked my polishes to colour in the Image, I used all Colors by Llarowe - because its my favourite brand! The Colours are - Talk to the Hand (September Polish of the Month) Loving Every Moment (RC anniversary exclusive) Rare Orchid - all from RC and Courage Brains and Heart which I won in a Facebook group comp - its a very hard to find polish now. I put blobs of polish on the mat and then used a small dotting tool to colour in.


When the colour was dry I then went over the image with my Leighton Denny one for all again - this creates the base of the decal, then left to dry.


While my decals were drying I painted my nails with 2 coats of CBL Rosie Posie - this is a CBL UK facebook exclusive which I purchased recently, It is the most beautiful pink holo polish.


Once the decals are dry using an orange stick I carefully lifted the edge up and then peeled them off the mat. I used a top coat to paint the nails one 1 hand where the decals were going and when the polish was tacky I put the decals on and pressed down so they were completely stuck. I trimmed off any excess around the nail and then using a clean up brush and acetone cleaned up the rest around the nails, Then I did the other hand.


Finally I applied a coat of Glisten and Glow HK girl top coat (from RC) to all my nails and here is the finished manicure.

I am beyond pleased with how this turned out.

So all the links for the stockists -
She Sells Seashells - www.she-sells-seashells.co.uk
Rainbow Connection - www.rainbow-connection.co.uk
Moyou London - www.moyou.co.uk

And why not give these all a follow on their social media -
She Sells Seashells - IG @shesellsseashellsuk and they are on Facebook
Rainbow Connection - IG @rainbow_c_uk and the facebook goup RC Polish Junkies
Colors by Llarowe - IG @colorsbyllarowe
Uberchic - IG @uberchicbeauty

The Group exclusive was from Colors by Llarowe Official UK group on Facebook.

I hope you found this helpful for making decals - please leave a comment below.

Love and Polish

Helen aka Cinderhellie xx

Comments

  1. Love these! Very inspired to give this a go on my Uber Mat I just received :) Is there a reason you didn't use HK Girl for your decals? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...didn't want to waste it! So glad you enjoyed the post cx

      Delete
    2. Yes...didn't want to waste it! So glad you enjoyed the post cx

      Delete
    3. Yes...didn't want to waste it! So glad you enjoyed the post cx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post Helen, I really enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post Helen, I really enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this. I've ordered an über chic mat and can't wait til I'm able to have a go with it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Can't wait to see your manicures with it. Hope your recovering well xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you Helen. Can't wait to see your manicures with it. Hope your recovering well xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barry M Molten Metal Swatches

Poundland Make Up Gallery Nail Polish

How to apply Magpie Products